Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Birthday Party

Birthday parties can be a bit lame when there is no one to celebrate with!
So, I tried to make it a special day for Luke by doing some of his favorite things.
We went to the zoo!!!
He can spend hours watching the bears and the monkeys, literally!!







We went and grabbed a bite at a local joint that was recommended.
It got two thumbs down.
But the company was good!!
I think Luke tried to crawl over to the other booth at least twenty times.
Dumped ten sugar packets.
Dropped four forks.
Spilled two glasses of water.
Threw ten fries.
Patted the lady's head behind us 5 times.
Ate 3 bites.
Paid forty bucks.
And left the waitress with a big, fat mess.
But..................................


How can you resist that sweet face. This is Luke as the monkey cake, a special request from the birthday boy, was unveiled.


And Luke blowing out his candles. Every day since his birthday he asks me if he can blow out fire. How can you not love that little guy. He also loved his lightning mcqueen trike and all the many other sweet gifts that he was sent. Thanks everyone for remembering this little guy on his birthday, it definitely made it a little more fun!

7 comments:

Tristen said...

Katie...I still read this! I can't believe your baby is already two! Wow! Cute cake! Keep posting I like to see how you guys are doing.

Annie said...

What? A post? Long time no read, Kate! I'm glad Luke had a good birthday and I'm very impressed with your monkey cake!

o said...

I am glad he had a great day. It is amazing how fast time goes by. It feels like with each baby it gets faster and faster. Glad to be able to see how you guys are doing.

Blair said...

Oh, Luke's long hair is so cute (and yours is too by the way, Katie)! I miss you guys and hope all is going well in SC.

Jeff and Diana said...

luke looks so big. and i love that he is naughty like mine....
i was so excited to see you posting! keep em coming! love you!

Hillery said...

Of course I still read this! Luke is ridiculously cute and I hope you all had a great day. P.S. Your hair looks fantastic!

brooke romney said...

I love that little lukers.Today I asked James where he got his shoes and he said, "From Lukey." At least he makes an impression right? He's such a doll and the monkey cake...where did you come from? Olsen girls aren't supposed to be able to do that!