Monday, February 9, 2009

1,000,000 Visitor

So, one night we were super bored, and I happened to grab a local magazine that tells about all the commutity events for the month. I started to thumb through the magazine about 4:30 and noticed that it was $1 night at the local children's museum. I washed the kids faces and threw them in the car and grabed myself a hat, since I had yet to shower. Then, dawdled in the parking lot with the kids while I finished my conversation with Marianne. Then........


we walked in, paid our three dollars,


confetti fell all over, flashes of light, people cheering, the entire staff watching, news cameras, a radio station, a photographer, we were the 1,000,000 visitor.



You may wonder what this entails, a 5 year membership to the children's museum, a large gift basket, a $100 gift certificate, an interview on a local radio station (with a bad caser of laryngitis), a clip on the news, and mine and my kids pictured in several local magazines.

The t.v. station and radio station interviewed us, of course they interviewed Ezra, and instead of saying something sweet he spit into the microphone. Since, that got such a good laugh he proceeded to do it every time they asked a question, at least three or four times.

Ezra and Luke were super excited to dive in and see what we won!!!!!



15 comments:

Tracy said...

Ha Ha Ha, that is so funny and so exciting all at the same time :) Congrats!!

Krista said...

Oh that is awesome!!! I love that you hadn't showered too and you got to be on T.V. I also enjoyed hearing about the spitting part too. So funny.
So, I will call you very soon...like tomorrow if I get a minute. :) I miss you.

Tiffani Mills said...

That is so funny and cool! How fun for your ten minutes of fame! But cool you got a membership and goodies!

Aspen said...

How great is that! I wish we had a children's museum!
P.S. You look adorable in your hat!

Tristen said...

That is so fun! I bet the boys loved it! Congratulations!

Shanna said...

I could just picture you guys walking in and getting cheered at. if that were me I would die laughing. I wish I could have been there to see you in action. that is cool. I am jealous. I never win anything! you guys!!! I love you !

Rachelle said...

That is so awesome!!! I showed this to my mom and she about died she thought that was so great....how fun...I esp. love the part about ez spitting into the microphone! :)

Anonymous said...

Finally freaking updated! Love that you were the big winner! If they had told me that I get to be on TV and do radio interviews, I would have told them to pass it on to the 1,001...then I would have called Sis and said "thanks a lot for talking too long!" HA! I hate stuff like that...but I LOVE that Ez kept spitting! Now keep posting!
LOVE - Kace (that loser that forgot to call on Jan. 29th but had it written on her calendar!!!)
LOVE YOU, MISS YOU!

Lance and Em said...

This is so cool! Wow Kate, you sure are lucky. Congrats!

Hillery said...

AAAHHHHH!!!!! In all honesty, that is about the funniest things I've heard all month. I can just imagine you laughing and thinking, "Ummmm....what in the world just happened?"

Courtney said...

That is so cool. I'd love a 5 yr membership to the children's museum here! How awesome.

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

That is so Great! I'm totally Jealous, I never win anything. You lucky do you.

ryan and melissa said...

That is soo cool! I bet your boys loved it!

By the way... you look like one hip mom in the pics- love the hat!

melissa said...

so so funny but it seems like only stuff like happens on tv! i love it. miss you. hope we will see you soon.

Brooke Romney said...

That really is awesome. I love EZ..never a dull moment.