Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day

Thanks to the Fillerup's we had our first successful rock climbing adventure!!!!
They took us to North Carolina and we hiked to the top of a gorgeous mountain with a beautiful view. We hiked, rock climbed, enjoyed good company, and had a picnic for most of the day. Our kids love Nynke and Mel, and they are so nice and patient to have us and our two little ones tag along. They even brought a children's harness so that Ezra could give it a try. He was a little hesitant at first, but ended up thinking it was pretty fun. Spencer was awesome and I at least made it to the top (sorry folks no butt shots of me this time).
Can't wait till next time!!!



Luke loved his ride in the back pack!!!

The beautiful view!!!

Enjoying some lemonade with Nynke after the hike down.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

That looks like so much fun! It makes me want to take my kids rock climbing!

Rachelle said...

Yay you finally posted a new blog!!! That top pic of Ezra looks like a mini spencer, how cute!!! And Bevyn sure wishes she could have picked strawberries with your boys, she LOVES strawberries...I am so excited to see you tomorrow, please call when you are in town Bevyn wants to play with her cousins! :)

tiare said...

oh my. it's been ages! YEA! so glad you stumbled on our blog. i'm VERY excited to be amidst this "southern hospitality" i've been hearing about.
you are such a cute little mom. your boys are SO handsome!!!! it's going to take me awhile to get caught up on your life via your blog. mind if i link it to ours?
hope all is well.
love ya!

ryan and melissa said...

Okay- first, my mouth is watering from those strawberry pics- they are huge!! Second, I can't believe Ezra went climbing... what a daredevil :)

brooke romney said...

Looks way cool. Can't wait to see you guys!

Aspen said...

Your family is beautiful! Thanks for calling!! Love ya!
p.s. I love your dark hair!
Super Sexy!!!!

Shanna said...

Alright Miss Katie! When are you coming back to utah?! We need to play. I love your dark hair!

ryan and melissa said...

Katie- I would love to get together while you are here. I tried to contact you but I'm not sure if you still have your old phone-probably not! I still have my old number, you should call me or e-mail me your new number- hotmelfaye@hotmail.com :)